Health advice is good advice
In a recent report the Nuffield Trust Director of Research, Professor John Appleby, indicated that dentists are in a good position to provide health advice to patients during their dental check-ups.
The report said that discussing diet, alcohol consumption and giving up smoking can all help towards a healthier lifestyle.
We agree. We already do this!
How do we help children with diet and health?
- We welcome babies into the surgery before their first birthday.
- Your children can come to regular Children’s Days at your local SpaDental practice.
- Children can learn about the sugar content of popular foods and drinks by playing guessing games.
- Advice on packed lunches and healthy snacks is available.
- We believe that good habits begin early!
Who else do we give advice to?
- Our staff offers every patient who has a routine examination diet and health advice.
- Dental hygienists are trained to offer advice that will help maintain a healthy mouth, and also a healthy life-style.
- Hygienists and dentists look at the soft tissues of the mouth for clues to your overall health and well-being.
- We regularly post information that we hope is helpful and informative on our website and social media pages.
- Our team is always happy to answer your questions!
If you have any specific questions about your oral or overall health, please speak to your dentist or hygienist.