Health checks for dental appointments from June 2022
After a difficult two years of special procedures, we are welcoming the updates to infection prevention and control (IPC) measures, in effect from June. Prior to an appointment we ask patients to perform a straightforward health check.
Because we need to protect our team and all people who are vulnerable, dentists continue to take sensible precautions to specifically prevent the spread of Covid-19 and other respiratory infections.
We request patients who have an appointment booked but feel unwell to get in touch so we can decide how to proceed with the booking. Please contact us at least 24 hours in advance, if possible, using the online ‘contact us’ form linked below.
Ask yourself just two questions
Prior to attending an appointment, please ask yourself:
- Do I have any Covid-19 symptoms or respiratory symptoms (eg cough or cold)?
- Have I tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 10 days?
If your answer is ‘yes’ to either question, or you feel unwell before an appointment, do not come to the practice without getting in touch first.
Use our online ‘contact us’ form to let us know. One of our team will follow up to discuss how best to proceed.
Special measures reduced from June 2022
The main changes patients will see in our practices are:
- Your clinicians will continue to wear masks during treatment, but may choose to go mask-free at other times.
- Questions will still be asked to check patient wellness, so we can help to protect staff and other patients.
- Patients no longer need to wear masks, but may do so if they wish.
- Patients can be accompanied to appointments by a friend or family member.
- Physical distancing is now a matter of individual choice, space permitting although we kindly ask you to respect others who prefer to keep a distance.
We work to keep you safe
- Please be reassured that we still follow strict decontamination and infection control procedures.
- We also continue to monitor the health of our staff.
- We ask everyone coming into the practice questions about their health.
- Our priority is to keep our patients and our staff well.